Re: Fedora Copr - and building Fedora + Stream with EPEL

On 27/01/2022 15:50, Neal Gompa wrote:
pkcs11-helper doesn't exist in RHEL/CentOS itself, and it's probably
being filtered out in ELN to mimic RHEL. It's shipped in EPEL, so you
need an EPEL repository.

Alright, sounds reasonable.

ELN won't be very useful for you because it's a stripped compose,
unless you rebuild pkcs11-helper for ELN in your Copr.

That's an option, I'll consider that.

I'm also saying that having both the epel-* chroots enabled and the
centos-* chroots enabled is a bit redundant. If you need stuff from
EPEL, just use the EPEL chroots, which are built on CentOS/RHEL.

My understanding is that CentOS Stream is more bleeding edge than the
standard CentOS/RHEL releases, so dependencies might not be correct for
Stream users.  Or maybe I'm overthinking this and I don't need to have
special builds for CentOS Stream?

To be clear, to me there is a difference between EPEL builds (targetting
the traditional CentOS/RHEL distros)
and CentOS Stream.  But again, I
might have misunderstood these concepts.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth