Re: Fedora Copr - and building Fedora + Stream with EPEL

On 27/01/2022 15:35, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 9:33 AM David Sommerseth <dazo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I've hit a challenge I've not been able to figure out properly.  I'm
putting together a Fedora Copr repo which should cover most the various
distros supported via Copr- CentOS Stream, EPEL, Fedora and Fedora ELN.

The challenge is that for CentOS Stream, the EPEL repository is required
- as the pkcs11-helper-devel package is a build requirement.  I've not
yet figured out the solution for ELN yet, but I suspect it will be
somewhat similar.

For the EPEL builds, everything works just as expected - which is not
surprising, as it seems to have the EPEL repo already enabled.

One thing I've tried, is to put a URL to a Fedora EPEL repository in the
"Extra repos" under "Settings".  This makes the CentOS Stream build
work.  But it breaks everything else, as the URL for the Fedora builds
does not ha
ve a valid URL.

So my question is simply, what is the best approach to resolve this?

epel-* chroots are sufficient for CentOS systems. What we're missing
are epel-next chroots in COPR for Stream for when you need
rebuilt/updated stuff that's in Stream but not out yet for RHEL.

Hmm ... Maybe we are talking about different things now?

So everything builds fine on the EPEL repos (which CentOS can use) as
well as the ordinary Fedora releases.

What does not work is CentOS Stream and Fedora ELN.  When I add a URL to
an EPEL repository in the "Extra repositories" field under Copr repo
settings, CentOS Stream builds fine.  But everything else breaks due to
the URL returns a 404 when fetching the epodata/repomd.xml file.

Fedora ELN might require some other repo (EPEL.Next?) to fetch the
pkcs11-helper.

I might be doing something stupid and unsupported ... but I don't quite
understand how to resolve this, except of creating separate Copr repos

for Fedora/EPEL, CentOS Stream and a third one for Fedora ELN.  But that
sounds complicated, as they should all be able to build from the exact
same .spec file.  It is only the access to pkcs11-helper-devel package
which is causing this issue.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth