Re: Intent to retire w3c-markup-validator, perl-HTML-Tidy, tidyp

On Tue, 2022-01-25 at 09:54 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm the Fedora maintainer of the perl-HTML-Tidy package and its
> underlying library, tidyp.
>
> The upstream maintainer of these packages has now stopped work on
> tidyp, and has archived the upstream repository in a read-only state:
> https://github.com/petdance/tidyp
>
> He has also stopped work on HTML-Tidy, and is working on HTML-Tidy5
> instead.
>
> Since I no longer use this software myself, I'm intending to stop
> maintaining it in Fedora. The only package I can find in Fedora that
> depends on perl-HTML-Tidy is w3c-markup-validator; I have contacted
> Nathanael, the maintainer of w3c-markup-validator, and since he no
> longer uses that package, it would seem like the best thing to do
> would
> be to retire all three packages.

perl(HTML::Tidy) is optional for w3c-markup-validator [1] I'd like
maintain w3c-markup-validator package in Fedora at least for sometime ,
I was looking for a tool like this for some time

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/w3c-markup-validator/blob/rawhide/f/w3c-markup-validator.spec#_33

--
Sérgio M. B.