Re: Self Introduction: Malcolm Inglis (mcinglis)

On Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 10:25:50PM +0000, Inglis, Malcolm via devel wrote:
> Well, turns out https://pagure.io/packager-sponsors isn't allowing PRs.
>
> I've pushed to a branch here with updates and dead-link-fixes for the README: https://pagure.io/fork/mcinglis/packager-sponsors/tree/pr-readme-update
>
> @Kevin Fenzi , you're welcome to pull that (or use it) into the repo if you think it looks good. Aside link fixes, it conditionalizes the blurb about "don't apply for sponsorship unless you have packages that have gone through package review process", which I think is what deterred me here.

Thanks for the PR! Pushed.

Perhaps we could make things more clear here (or in the how to get
sponsored document). The intent is not to use the packager-sponsors
tracked for everyone who wants to be sponsored (although I suppose we
could consider doing that). It was only established for the cases where
someone wanted to add a co-maintainer and wasn't able to sponsor them
themselves or someone has a approved / reviewed package and no sponsor
lined up. I guess it makes sense to try and use it for any of the corner
cases that are not 'I don't intend to submit a new package but want to
be sponsored to do other things'.

If that all makes sense...

kevin