Re: Considering ExcludeArch: %{ix86} for webkit2gtk3 (and now also ExcludeArch: %{arm}

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 3:26 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 26 2021 at 03:06:18 PM +0200, Kalev Lember
<kalevlember@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I second to Fabio's request. It's not OK to drop webkitgtk secondary
> architectures without coordination. Please revert this immediately
> and do a system wide change proposal instead. The net effect of
> dropping webkitgtk is that all of GNOME packages will have to
> excludearch i686 and arm, as they are going to be unbuildable
> otherwise.

Sigh, OK.

Of course it will only affect the subset of packages that actually
depend on WebKitGTK, which should be much less than all of GNOME. But
yes, everything that depends on it will need to be modified, that is
true.

We're really lucky this issue does not seem to affect F35. I wish we
knew why.

Thanks! My network has been down for the past few days and I don't want to be uploading large srpms to koji over phone tethering, but I can try to play with this a bit once it's back up and see if I can manage to get webkitgtk building again.

I don't much like this situation either -- we don't even produce an i686 kernel any more and having to keep everything building there is just pain.

Thanks for understanding, Michael! It would have been a huge pain for the gnome builds if webkitgtk suddenly disappeared.

--
Kalev