Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 17:44:07 -0500,
 Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

So it looks like, one way or another the mozjs78 stuff will need to get patched after the source gets extracted in the build step.

I found the reference to how to patch mozjs78 in 0ad. You need to have your patch file drop off a patch file in libraries/source/spidermonkey and patch libraries/source/spidermonkey/patch.sh to apply your patch during the build.

There are a number of ways that python is invoked and in a fair number of places. So changing them all to use python3.9 is going to be a pain. And I still don't know if that will really fix things since the build requires python-devel and python-setuptools, though a comment suggests that it should be possible to get things to work without them. python2 is also required, but I think that was fixed and the buildrequires was left by mistake.

It may make more sense to use the fixes from the system mozjs78 for python3.10. But since the versions of mozjs are different, that path will need extra work as well.