Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 16:06:24 -0500,
 Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought of that. I tried some naive ways to do that without success. I'm not sure if any extra python packages are needed. Probably not, but if so it won't work since those will be for 3.10. There doesn't seem to be a standard way to have an unversioned python call run 3.9. It might be worth trying a build requires for python3.9 and creating a symlink from /usr/bin/python to it during set up. I'll try that in a scratch build tonight and see if that works.

This didn't work. The build process can't create /usr/bin/python. Also some other python packages are used in tests in the mozjs78 part of the build. I don't know if those will automatically will get skipped if the required packages aren't installed or if they will be manually need to be disabled.

So it looks like, one way or another the mozjs78 stuff will need to get patched after the source gets extracted in the build step.