Re: Packager docs on docs.fp.o (Was: Re: New maintainer experience)

Ankur Sinha kirjoitti 21.8.2021 klo 11.56:
<snip>

<rant>
For some time already, I have all of the package maintainer docs already
rewritten and improved at package-maintainer-docs [1], with the intent to
keep improving them. They remain unpublished because, despite my pleas, the
main docs page maintainers keep ignoring two oneliner pull requests to
publish them [2,3].

For cases like this., Fedora would need something like the Nonreponsive
Package Maintainer Process for non-package repositories too.
</rant>

[1]: https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/package-maintainer-docs
[2]: https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/docs-fp-o/pull-request/171
[3]: https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/pages/pull-request/14#request_diff

Thanks for working on these.

I've tagged @pbokoc and @bcotton there who may have the necessary
permissions (and know-how) to merge the PRs.

Thanks!

I don't think having a non-responsive maintainer policy works quite as
well for such repos.

Sure, the cases are different. What I meant is that for packaging related issues there is a standard way to escalate issues, defined in that policy, and just following that path will get the issue eventually resolved. For issues not related to packaging, it is not what is the appropriate next step if nothing you tried before helped.

We need to encourage more folks to join the docs
team to help out so there is enough human-power there (something we have
to do for all teams/SIGs in Fedora in general).

Certainly, having things running in such a way that pull requests are processed fast is better than having policies to handle cases where they are not!