Re: guile22 -> gnutls -> lots of virt packages

On 7/7/21 2:14 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Wed, Jul 07, 2021 at 06:21:08PM +0200, Petr Menšík wrote:
What would be considered sufficient research about usage of guile? If
package provides it as optional feature among many other features, how
should package owner test one feature is still demanded? Do we have any
best practice? Is asking on users@ and devel@ list enough?

I strongly suspect that those users would have made themselves known
by now. Neal mentioned that he uses guile in some projects, and that's
pretty much it so far.

Well, I'm using guile scripting support in gdb as it seems to be noticeably faster than python for my scenarios with parsing huge heap areas. But I do that on CentOS 7/8s with my own backports of the gdb package and won't be losing a lot if Fedora spec hides guile under %bcond.

Maybe there are others who are abstaining from this discussion simply because they don't expect to be affected by the change.

(I'd have a stronger opinion on that if we had better ECMAScript support in guile though)

--
Best regards,
Aleksei Bavshin