Re: Packager for hire - Was: Re: Additon to the repos - Kubectx + Kubens

On Fri, 2021-07-02 at 12:23 -0400, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 09:05, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > clubs. This has been going on for 15+ years going from the moin days
> > to the now days and I don't expect it to change. If QA didnt use it
> > for their testing dumping grounds, I would melt the wiki down to its
> > component parts years ago.
>
> The term 'dumping grounds' has a lot of negative connotations which I
> should have realized. My apologies to everyone in QA as it sounds like
> I was insulting their work. My connotation was that they have a lot of
> automated scripts and programs which write to the wiki in places and
> that in the end they are the primary users of the wiki. Trying to move
> them out of it would require a large amount of work by multiple teams.
> It is not a dumping grounds.

It's worth noting that we don't still 'need the wiki' as a place to
dump *automated* test results. It's rather the reverse. We still need
it for *manual* tests and results. If we only had the automated tests
and results, we could ditch the wiki tomorrow, because the tests
themselves are stored in code repos, and the results all go to
resultsdb (and fedora-messaging). The reason we still need the wiki is
that it's where we keep *manual* test cases and results. We 'mirror'
relevant automated test results to the wiki so there's a single place
where you can see everything.

If we had some place other than the wiki to store manual test cases and
results, we could stop using it, but that has proved rather difficult.
An alternative idea would be a restricted wiki instance which only
allowed the creation of pages with names following the patterns used
for QA purposes, and perhaps only allowed unauthenticated users to
submit edits which consisted entirely of valid "test results"...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA