Re: [dns-sig] split-DNS, resolvconf on Fedora

On 2/25/21 9:06 AM, Peter Boy wrote:

>> Am 24.02.2021 um 18:18 schrieb Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> There is no technical reason why this is not in its own package. There
>> has been some focussing on reducing minimal installs, and this is a
>> prime candidate for that. I'm fine with the workstation or desktop
>> installs bringing this package in by default. But I see only potential
>> harm from installing it on servers, containers and most virtual machines.
>

> You may be right. See https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/18761
>
> and/or
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/server@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/HOWYMPWHLBB5FDFD5VWLCC5Z73IQWA66/

systemd-resolved has some cool features, but I haven't found a way to
configure domain forwarding to selected IP address without a device.
Which would match your use-case. Every classic dns cache, dnsmasq used
by libvirt included, can forward subdomain queries to selected IPs. I
think systemd-resolved is able to configure it only per connection.

But it should be possible to use virbr0 device for it inside resolved.
resolvectl dns virbr0 192.168.122.1
resolvectl dns virbr0 example.lan

I don't know any permanent way to store this information to NM or
systemd-resolved, so it would configure it itself next boot. Maybe
systemd guys would know a way.
--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer