Re: What is the most time consuming task for you as packager?

Hi,
For me the most time consuming is monkey updates packages like kde apps
, which every month or two we have a new release ( kde app 20.04.1
20.04.2 20.08.0 , 20.12.00 etc )

I did some scripts to automate my builds , we got some software like
https://github.com/fedora-infra/the-new-hotness/
but the more I do, I always some variables that are different from
project to project , we need to know the version number, we may need to
download more than one source, we may need drop patches that we know
that are already upstreamed, not all the package are build in same
branches so we need to know what branches we want update , we may have
to add buildroot-overrides, we need add build to bodhi and fill some
information , we need close bugs create made by hotness or other users
etc

Examples of my scripts are usually in packages sources like

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/virtualbox-guest-additions/blob/master/f/update_vbox.sh

or (in attachment) scripts in very quick-and-dirty style

So, combine tools like rpmdevtools , the-new-hotness , bodhi-client etc
we improve building automation .

Thank you.

--
Sérgio M. B.