Re: What is the most time consuming task for you as packager?

On 21. 12. 20 19:36, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 09:21:15PM +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:
As Miro mentioned, I've also developed scripts to handle this "does
this update break anything" for the Stewardship / Java SIG, because -
at least at first - we didn't have big enough egos / enough confidence
to just push updates to rawhide without testing excessively them
first:
https://github.com/fedora-stewardship/fedora-stewardship.github.io/blob/master/scripts/review_pr.py

This first builds (one or more) packages from src.fpo dist-git forks
that were prepared for PRs in COPR, recursively or non-recursively
queries dependent packages for all of them, and rebuilds them in COPR.
Assuming that there's a copr-cli command for querying build successes,
they could be compared with the latest status of those packages in
koschei, and have it print new build failures. Right now, I compare
the results manually.

Would something like this fit your definition of "does-it-blend" script?

What format is '--from-git' in? Say I have a fork with a branch I want
to test, what do I pass it?

--from-git is a regex of package names that are built from dist git instead of from latest known SRPM.

AFAIK The script only supports "the one package" (that is being tested) to be built from a custom branch, whoch is the purpose of the script:

$ python scripts/review_pr.py foobar-2.0 kevin:foobar:branch-2.0

But you can later built another package in there (with or without depndents) in the same copr:

$ python scripts/review_pr.py foobar-2.0 kevin:bazbaz:fix_deps [-nx'.*']

This is indeed the sort of thing I was thinking of (I think).

--
Miro Hrončok