Re: What is the most time consuming task for you as packager?

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 11:16 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 21. 12. 20 19:36, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 09:21:15PM +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> >> As Miro mentioned, I've also developed scripts to handle this "does
> >> this update break anything" for the Stewardship / Java SIG, because -
> >> at least at first - we didn't have big enough egos / enough confidence
> >> to just push updates to rawhide without testing excessively them
> >> first:
> >> https://github.com/fedora-stewardship/fedora-stewardship.github.io/blob/master/scripts/review_pr.py
> >>
> >> This first builds (one or more) packages from src.fpo dist-git forks
> >> that were prepared for PRs in COPR, recursively or non-recursively
> >> queries dependent packages for all of them, and rebuilds them in COPR.
> >> Assuming that there's a copr-cli command for querying build successes,
> >> they could be compared with the latest status of those packages in
> >> koschei, and have it print new build failures. Right now, I compare
> >> the results manually.
> >>
> >> Would something like this fit your definition of "does-it-blend" script?
> >
> > What format is '--from-git' in? Say I have a fork with a branch I want
> > to test, what do I pass it?
>
> --from-git is a regex of package names that are built from dist git instead of
> from latest known SRPM.
>
> AFAIK The script only supports "the one package" (that is being tested) to be
> built from a custom branch, whoch is the purpose of the script:
>
> $ python scripts/review_pr.py foobar-2.0 kevin:foobar:branch-2.0
>
> But you can later built another package in there (with or without depndents) in
> the same copr:
>
> $ python scripts/review_pr.py foobar-2.0 kevin:bazbaz:fix_deps [-nx'.*']
>
> > This is indeed the sort of thing I was thinking of (I think).

You should actually be able to build an arbitrary number of packages
before any of their dependencies are rebuilt - just add more
FORKUSERNAME:PKGNAME:BRANCHNAME values. The CLI script explicitly
accepts at-least-one-or-maybe-more (nargs="+") such values.

Side note: I actually did not want to let users specify a PR URL,
since you actually want to test your changes before submitting a PR,
so you can specify the username/package/branch directly without having
to create a PR first. But I think I could add that as an option to the
CLI.

Fabio