Re: Upstream SPEC files - was: Re: patch applied without package maintainers' approve

Dne 16. 11. 20 v 9:09 Elliott Sales de Andrade napsal(a):
>> This is actually a good idea. I have lots of such spec files.
>>
>> Is it a good idea to document this in Packaging Guidelines?
> It is already in the guidelines:
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_spec_maintenance_and_canonicity

Nope. This section describes what is the primary (canonical) location for **Fedora** and that it is maintainer
responsibilty to forward-port chenges from dist-git to upstream. When upstream of spec file exist.
But the section does not mention how to indicate that the upstream of SPEC file exists and that other maintainers MAY
send PR to that upstream if it is not urgent.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys