Re: splitting out systemd-networkd, systemd-standalone-{sysusers,tmpfiles} subpackages in F33+

On 9/30/20 7:14 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
That's not true, you can `rpm-ostree override remove`.  It'd still be
there in the ostree repository on disk, but you don't see it in the
"deployment" (what you actually boot into).  Few people care about
disk space that much, and if you do you can do custom builds.

...but can we can do that and will updates to FCOS work after? I am pretty sure currently the answer is no, unless I don't fully understand the impacts of https://github.com/coreos/fedora-coreos-tracker/issues/400

I would be making tons of package changes to my deployment of FCOS but the chance of breaking updates isn't worth it. Even after this split happens and you can install systemd-networkd will I break my updates then too?

About half the people on this thread are living the experience
ofhttps://xkcd.com/386/

Ehh. There has been a lot of talking past each other in this thread and in https://github.com/coreos/fedora-coreos-config/pull/574 which is the reason for this thread in the first place. All of this grief and extra work could have be avoided if we added added the ~1M of hacked out systemd-networkd binaries back into FCOS and moved on with our lives... but here we are!

Joe

--
Joe Doss
joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx