Re: Enable EarlyOOM on Fedora KDE - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

On 7/13/20 8:21 AM, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
On Monday, July 13, 2020 1:58:30 AM MST Benjamin Berg wrote:
But, I also think that the people proposing this have done quite a lot
of testing to find reasonable values for various scenarios. If they
have done their job correctly, then EarlyOOM will *not* prevent you
from fully utilizing your system memory in most scenarios.

By the very nature of the configuration, that's not the case. For example, on
my system, for example, it will start sending SIGTERM where I have over 600
MiB free, and will begin to simply kill software when I have over a quarter of
a gigabyte left.

You keep making this claim as if you actually know. Have you tested it? Have you even heard of someone else testing it that ran into that?