Re: Policy for Modules in Fedora and Fedora ELN - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

Is this just about the specific URL or also about the "Naming Policy"?

I am asking, because I already had a lot of arguments about the
branching on this list and various different places but this guideline
still insist that "using upstream major versions as branches is
recommended". This is not acceptable, because this works just for
simplest cases, such as there is module "nodejs" shipping single package
"nodejs". It does not work for even slightly more complex cases when
module "nodejs" includes not just "nodejs" package, but also lets say
"npm" package. Having Node.js versioned brachnes in "npm" is wrong. Not
mentioning that if I'll have "mynodejs" module, using both "nodejs" and
"npm" and probably also other packages, the versions will be already
occupied by "nodejs" module.

IOW, the modular packages must live in "module-version" branches by
default. This avoids conflicts and provides more understanding why "npm"
package has some branches.

Vít