Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

Le dimanche 05 juillet 2020 à 12:21 -0600, Chris Murphy a écrit :

> specification != standard

I, for one, am very happy that the systemd project makes the effort of
documenting its formats so others can write competing implementations
or write software that interacts with the systemd implementation.

That’s several orders of magnitude better than the usual my code is the
best, copy whatever undocumented thing I did by accident in my last
commit, this is the reference implementation, I won’t commit to
anything and I will change it at will without notification in the
future.

Thank you Lennart for understanding what we meant when we asked you to
engage with standards like the FHS years ago, and for not embarking
upon blackbox unspecified coding.

We all hate writing documentation and formal specifications are among
the most exhausting documentation one may write.

And, nothing wrong with writing a spec for things not specified yet,
quite the countrary.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot