Re: [fedora-java] Re: java stack is dead, long live the javastack (was "500 packages FTBFS in rawhide with java-11-openjdk as system JDK")

On 7/1/20 4:09 PM, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 4:00 PM Jiri Vanek <jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Speaking for myself, yes.
>>>
>>> I can't speak for all other SIG members (we haven't formally voted on
>>> this or something like that), but from conversations we've had I
>>> gather that all active package maintainers are looking forward to
>>> finally getting Java 11 by default.
>>
>> Yes, despite many soon FTBFS and thus soon orphaned pkgs, It looks taht active people wish to
>> proceed with change, rather then doing the possibly clumsy step back.
>>
>> I'm progressing toward the mass rebuild in side tag.
>>
>> I'm aware about three packages needing  commits to change - java-11-openjdk, java-1.8.0-openjdk and
>> javapackages-tools.
>>
>> Fabio, saying "you have not got xmvn change", Is tere something I need to check for?
>
> I was wondering whether you had included javapackages-tools in the
> COPR with the second commit from the PR:
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/javapackages-tools/pull-request/3#commit_list

The PR do not bump the release, so hard to say, but form:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jvanek/java11/package/javapackages-tools/
I guess yes, becasue there wasautobuild 21days ago. Same age as commit landed to javapackages-tools
ava11 branch, and autorebuild is enabled.

Thanx for heads up!

J.

> Fabio

Jiri Vanek
Senior QE engineer, OpenJDK QE lead, Mgr.
Red Hat Czech
jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx    M: +420775390109