Re: [fedora-java] Re: java stack is dead, long live the javastack (was "500 packages FTBFS in rawhide with java-11-openjdk as system JDK")

On 7/1/20 3:21 PM, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 3:09 PM Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Fabio, does it mean that the Java SIG agrees with progressing with the Change to Java 11 as a default?
>
> Speaking for myself, yes.
>
> I can't speak for all other SIG members (we haven't formally voted on
> this or something like that), but from conversations we've had I
> gather that all active package maintainers are looking forward to
> finally getting Java 11 by default.

Yes, despite many soon FTBFS and thus soon orphaned pkgs, It looks taht active people wish to
proceed with change, rather then doing the possibly clumsy step back.

I'm progressing toward the mass rebuild in side tag.

I'm aware about three packages needing  commits to change - java-11-openjdk, java-1.8.0-openjdk and
javapackages-tools.

Fabio, saying "you have not got xmvn change", Is tere something I need to check for?

Thanx!
 J.

> Fabio

Jiri Vanek
Senior QE engineer, OpenJDK QE lead, Mgr.
Red Hat Czech
jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx    M: +420775390109