Re: an "old-school *nix defaults" spin [was Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: swap on zram]

On 29 June 2020 21:50:50 CEST, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 07:46:53PM +0200, Markus Larsson wrote:
>> I think it would be beneficial to lift up the problems we're trying to
>> solve and then work towards possible solutions. I don't think it even
>> would take more time. I would probably help people commit to the problem
>> and possibly accept the solution. It seems to me that many feel out of the
>> loop and thus reacts stronger than needed.
>
>This is certainly one of the goals for the Editions strategy. Do
>
>* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Workstation_PRD#Target_Audience
>* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CoreOS/PRD#Target_Market_.2F_Audience
>* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Product_Requirements_Document#Product_Objectives
>
>help?

No that doesn't help at all. It doesn't address what I wrote about many seeing a problem for the first time when a change is suggested and that this leads to more heated debates than needed.
I also feel alienated by the target audience of Workstation since it pretty much only talks about developers and others.
I guess "you aren't part of the target audience" is a nicer than saying "take a hike neckbeard, this edition isn't even for you".
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intended message though but I can't figure out what the actual intended message was.
Please help :)