Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: swap on zram

On 29 June 2020 18:06:10 CEST, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 10:09:08PM +0200, Markus Larsson wrote:
>> I was thinking more in the lines of a Remix.
>> Mainly to avoid spending time trying to get it blessed in the right
>> forums.
>
>Sure, you could do that too. The process is to submit it as a Change to
>FESCo just like this one, and since as I noted Fedora being able to provide
>a variety of solutions catering to different users and use-cases is
>literally in our mission, I don't think it should be particularly
>controversial. People can disagree with what you're choosing for your spin,
>but they don't have to use it. Just like you don't have to use nano. :)

A spin feels like a commitment that involves gathering what other people feel and need. While I'm cautious about some changes I tend to welcome change in general. I just need to see the benefits and there needs to be reason to expect it to be successful.
I have a feeling that a neckbeard purist spin would be to conservative for me and I don't want to invest work to get a spin approved and then land in a userbase of 1.
With a remix though I'm totally fine with putting work in for that single person underbase :)

>> If you think there room for a grumpy old neckbeard spin I'm sure I can
>> find some time to contribute.
>
>I mean... you might want to workshop that name a little bit. :)

Was it too honest?