Re: Fedora Packager Dashboard available for testing

First of all, thanks for the feedback!

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:28 AM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would it be possible to change the "reset" to something like "set
> all/unset all". When I wanted to know what actually "orphaned" means, I
> had to click on every option, which is not very convenient.

We'll absolutely discuss it. Do you think that once Zbyszek's RFE is
implemented, this would be solved for you?

> Also, I am not sure about the "provenpackager" group. Should it be
> displayed? Should it do something?

We are already "discarding" some groups, seems like provenpackagers
just slipped the cut. if provenpackagers group owns no packages, I
think we could/should just cut it too. Frantisek/Lukas - WDYT?

> Actually the whole "groups" section is a bit confusing. I am not sure
> what the radio buttons do (I am aware about the hints, but they don't
> make the situation better understandable to me).

I honestly absolutely agree it is not ideal. We have tried many
iterations of the hints, and this is by far the best we've came up
with.
The idea behind the filters is this:
 - "blind eye icon" - if selected, you won't see any packages owned by
the group, even if you are the "primary maintainer" (forgive my,
probably wrong, terminology)
 - "single person icon" - when picked, only packages "belonging to the
group" that you are the "owner"/"primary maintainer" are shown
 - "three people icon" - if this option is selected, packages from the
group are shown even if you don't own them

We'd be happy for any suggestions you might have, on how to make this
comprehensible.

Thanks, josef