Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change Proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose V4

Dne 06. 04. 20 v 23:53 Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):
> I've just published a fourth version[1] of the ELN proposal. With a
> lot of input from Miro Hrončok, I think I've finally been able to
> clarify some of the points that we were getting hung up on.
>
> Changes in this version of the proposal[2]:

Thank you. I don't have any real concerns ATM. Just a few remarks bellow.

> * Clarify the relationship with Rawhide

To my taste, there are quite a lot of remarks such as "If the package
will never build in ELN, then the Rawhide version of it will simply be
present." I think I don't see how it will turn out in practice.

So to say, this is not showstopper and I am fine with that.

> * Better describe what happens if packages don't build on ELN

Thank you for this paragraph:

~~~

If it would require conditionals to build in ELN and you do not wish to
put them there, but you want to see how changes appear in RHEL, there
will eventually be a way to maintain a fork of your package that will go
into RHEL, but the details on this are still being worked out.

~~~

I think you will soon appreciate it.

> * Added a section explaining how we will deal with side-tags

Thank you for addressing this.

However, could you please elaborate what will be the actual trigger to
do rebuild of some package in ELN? It can't be `git push` if you take
side-tags into account. So will it be tagging into 'rawhide' (f33 ATM)?
Will it be mixture? How are you going to determine what is the
appropriate commit hash? You possibly don't know yet ...

Vít