Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change Proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose V3

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 4:34 PM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 03:55:19PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 3:24 PM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
> > <zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I disagree, both to "aren't design documents" and to the usefulness of
> providing detail.
>
> Change pages often describe what will happen in detail. Just look at
> any of the pages from F32 list, e.g. [1-5]. The ones that don't
> describe implementation details are usually straightforward changes
> like gcc/binutils/dnf/language stack version bumps where the packaging
> changes are trivial.

I suppose I was overstating my reluctance here. I was trying to avoid
setting a precedent for others in the future as to how much detail is
required in the Change Proposals. I have made the following changes
now:

1) The repo priority is clearly stated in the "Detailed Description" section.
2) We've decided that there will be an option to maintain a package in
ELN separately from the master branch, but we are still working out
the details of it (it won't be as simple as an 'eln' branch for
complicated reasons that will become apparent in the near future).
More information will be forthcoming about this.