Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change Proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose V3

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 6:46 AM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 12:30:13PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:

> > >I don't see this part explained. Those additional packages will haves
> > >NEVRAs always lower than rawhide packages (".eln" < ".fc33".). So this
> > >distro-sync will be a noop?
> >
> > A wild guess: If that repo has lower "cost", will distro-sync prefer
> > packages with lower EVR because they come form that repo?
>
> I don't think so: "cost — ... It is useful to make the library prefer
> on-disk repositories to remote ones."
>
> But there's a "priority" option: "If there is more than one candidate
> package for a particular operation, the one from a repo with the
> lowest priority value is picked, possibly despite being less
> convenient otherwise (e.g. by being a lower version)."
>
> This should do the trick. The mechanism should be described in the
> Change page too.
>
> (Note: I had a sense of deja-vu, because 'priority' was already
> discussed in the context of this Change, but it was koji priority for
> scheduling tasks, not package installation.)

Right, the intent here is to have the fedora-repos-eln subpackage
provide a repo at priority level 98 (default being 99, lower numbers
"win"). I left it out because generally Change Proposals aren't
required to document every minor implementation detail.