Re: character assassination

On 22/03/2020 04:18, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
> On Friday, March 20, 2020 6:09:51 AM MST Ben Cotton wrote:
>> This thread is off-topic and not in the spirit of our Friends
>> foundation. Please refrain from further replies.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Cotton
>> He / Him / His
>> Senior Program Manager, Fedora & CentOS Stream
>> Red Hat
>> TZ=America/Indiana/Indianapolis
>
> It was not in the spirit of our Friends foundation to take Daniel's blog off
> the Fedora Planet.

FSFE censored my blog while I was still the fellowship representative,
before I had decided to resign.

When I wrote my resignation email, they kept it in a censorship queue
until the next day deciding whether they would "allow" me resign or
whether to tell everybody I was "expelled".  In other words, they are
small children who want to have the last word on everything.  I feel the
same pattern when somebody like Martin Langhoff engages in character
assassination, posting a link to fake news and then the thread is shut
down without challenging him.

A few months after FSFE I went to the UN Forum on Business & Human
Rights in Geneva.  I related my experience there to free software with
another blog[1] and a few hours later that blog post was censored from
both Planet Debian:
https://fsfellowship.eu/assets/censor_pocock.png
and Planet Mozilla:
https://fsfellowship.eu/assets/planet_mozilla_censorship.png

/What type of organization censors a blog about human rights?/

This all happened after FSFE's Fellows[2] chose me as their
representative in a ballot[3].  Coincidence?

Why do free software organizations want to take our contributions but
deny us the right to ask questions, publish blogs, vote or appoint
representatives?

Volunteers doing work without any rights starts to smell like modern day
slavery.

I feel it does belong on this list because the thread about being a
non-responsive maintainer was started here with my name in the subject line.

The stuff about the OSI board president's conflicts of interest is also
relevant because the development that volunteers contribute here is
governed[4] under licenses approved by FSF and OSI.  Coincidentally, de
Blanc worked for one and was elected president of the other.  Another
conflict of interest.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://danielpocock.com/debian-human-rights-paradox/