Re: Non-responsive maintainer: pocock

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 2:06 PM Dakota Williams
<raineforest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/6/20 1:21 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> >

> > On 05/03/2020 21:26, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to take this opportunity to remind about the PR that I have
> >> prepared - let us not duplicate the work:
> >> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/asio/pull-request/1
> >> I have rebuilt all asio's dependencies and only encountered issues with
> >> abiword and OpenSceneGraph - both were complaining about error not being
> >> a member of asio::placeholders. Same issues were found by gentoo, I have
> >> linked the relevant bug reports in the PR. Is this something you would
> >> be able to advise about? I am happy to share full build logs if needed.
> >
> > I haven't personally looked at asio 1.14.0 yet so I don't have the
> > solution off the top of my head.  These are the type of issues I
> > normally deal with in upstream development.
> >
> >  From a strategic perspective, I feel it is most efficient to try and
> > coordinate with the upstreams and other distributions so that everybody
> > is supporting the same asio in each of the major distributions.
> >
> > In any C++ library, there are small API changes from time to time
> > leading to the type of problem you describe.
> >
> > If upstreams are using travis-ci, we are testing against version 1.12.2
> > from Debian/Ubuntu and may not be aware of issues in asio 1.14.0.  Even
> > if you patch for the issue, it may be completely untested upstream.
> > That is why it is so vital to resolve the Debian/Ubuntu lag.
> >
> > Is there a convenient way for upstreams to make CI builds on the latest
> > Fedora rawhide in parallel with our travis-ci Ubuntu builds?
> >
> >> Please also note that I have checked both fale and uwog's recent
> >> activity with fedora-active-user and neither seem to have been active
> >> lately.
> >
> > Thanks for this feedback.  Dakota, do you want to be promoted to admin
> > on asio?
> >
> > Is either of you happy to be co-maintainer of resiprocate with me?  I
> > opened an issue to unretire it.  I do upstream releases and I run the
> > latest version for fedrtc.org (using CentOS/EPEL) so it is important for
> > me that it supports Fedora and any Fedora issues are given the attention
> > they deserve during the release process.
>

> Sure, admin is ok with me. Co-maintainer of resiprocate would also be
> something I'd be willing to take on.

It's been a couple of weeks now, and I don't see "raineforest" listed
as admin for asio[1]. Can you please add him as requested?

Also, resiprocate[2] was retired three months ago after being orphaned
for 6 weeks for failing to build for Fedora 31[3]. It will need to go
through a whole new review process *after* asio is updated.

[1]: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/asio
[2]: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/resiprocate
[3]: https://pagure.io/releng/issue/8917#comment-610267