Re: Non-responsive maintainer: pocock

W dniu 05.03.2020 o 21:01, Daniel Pocock pisze:

> On 03/03/2020 23:23, Dakota Williams wrote:
>> On 3/3/20 4:10 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>

>>> But based on what you say, I'm happy to give access to Dakota and I'd
>>> also like to know if anybody else can help with the reSIProcate
>>> packages.  There is a new release in the pipeline and if somebody wants
>>> to get involved, now is the time.  We already made all the upstream
>>> fixes required for it to work with the latest dependencies on Fedora.
>>
>> Great, my FAS id is "raineforest". Where would you like me to start?
>
> I added you with commit access.
>
> If you would like admin access can you please try to reach one of the
> other two admins (uwog and fale) to confirm?  If the rest of the
> community is OK with this way of granting access then I have no
> objections.  Welcome to asio.  It means something else in Australia.
>
> Here you can see the version of asio we are testing with reSIProcate,
> the Windows devs use the 1.12.2 snapshot in the contrib tree:
> https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/tree/master/contrib
>
> and travis-ci builds use whatever version is fetched by this script:
> https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/blob/master/.travis.yml
>
> Debian and Ubuntu only have 1.12.2
> https://packages.qa.debian.org/a/asio.html
>
> and that is what upstream travis-ci and my own upstream builds are based on.
>
> Markus Wanner (the other Debian maintainer) is also in Switzerland, I'm
> either in Switzerland or Ireland.  If you are nearby I'm happy to meet you.
>
> Debian politics are preventing an upload of 1.14.0 to Debian otherwise I
> would have done it already.  Due to the way the API changes from time to
> time it will be inconvenient for upstream devs like myself if there are
> different versions in Fedora and Debian.
>
> In fact, I had started preparing the upstream release on 20 September 2018:
> https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/commits/master?after=349d76b99fa7e99e4c4e7e5052e53115a64dcb45+174
>
> and just minutes later somebody else in Debian decided to attack me.  In
> my entire career I've never received such ungrateful and spiteful
> communications after making a commit.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel

Thank you for granting access to Dakota!

I would like to take this opportunity to remind about the PR that I have
prepared - let us not duplicate the work:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/asio/pull-request/1
I have rebuilt all asio's dependencies and only encountered issues with
abiword and OpenSceneGraph - both were complaining about error not being
a member of asio::placeholders. Same issues were found by gentoo, I have
linked the relevant bug reports in the PR. Is this something you would
be able to advise about? I am happy to share full build logs if needed.

Please also note that I have checked both fale and uwog's recent
activity with fedora-active-user and neither seem to have been active
lately.

Best regards,
Julian