Re: orphaning bleachbit

Am 23.12.19 um 01:23 schrieb John M. Harris Jr:
> So long as Python2 remains installable, I don't see why you feel the need to
> rip it out of the distro.

Also imho I expect that Fedora packages will receive security fixes and
serious bugs will be fixed (of course still considering that Fedora is mostly
a volunteer-driven distro). Without upstream support this is very hard to do.
Also many upstream libraries are dropping Python 2 support now.

If someone feels (s)he knows enough about the code to keep a Python 2 version
secure it is likely easier just to do an upstream port to Python 3.
I consider Python code which does not support Python 3 as "unmaintained"
(unless there is clear evidence of a Python 3 port going on).

IMHO the current Fedora policy with regards to Python 2 is very reasonable. We
will be shipping python2 in F32 for some packages as an exception. I'm willing
to maintain some of my python2 packages in Fedora so dependent packages get
some more time to migrate but ultimately upstream decided to stop supporting
Python 2 and that affects Fedora.

Felix