Re: Allow comments and discussion even though an update was pushed to stable

Il 07/12/19 19:32, Adam Williamson ha scritto:
> But we already explained this. Comments on stable updates are not
> primarily for the maintainer, they are for *users*. Users tend to refer
> to Bodhi notes, if anything, more than maintainers do.

...and that's exactly the behavior that the change tries to avoid. From
the original RFE https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/2050 :

> It appears that some users think that adding comments to an update
> which has been push to stable for weeks is a reasonable way to report
> an issue. And while I don't want to ignore them, I also don't have a
> good way to answer them besides adding further spam to a long-closed
> update.
Closing comments on a stable update will force users to refer to BZ, so
that maintainers can focus on that channel. Instead, enabling users to
comment on closed updates it probably means (50%?) that the same user
will not open any bug in BZ, because we're all lazy, and "hey, I already
posted a comment, I don't want to bother to write the same things on BZ"...

In
https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/3748#issuecomment-562867117
I proposed to give users a way to flag a problematic update with a link
to a (previously opened) BZ ticket, so that 1) the first user that
notice a problem with the update will be forced to open a ticket in BZ
and 2) following users will be noticed that the update has been reported
to have some problems and can CC to the discussion on the BZ ticket.

Mattia