Re: Allow comments and discussion even though an update was pushed to stable

Il 06/12/19 21:51, Johannes Lips ha scritto:
>> "Johannes Lips" <johannes.lips(a)gmail.com&gt; writes:
>>

>> We already have a tool for reporting issues and problems, and it's not
>> bodhi.  If there's a problem with an already pushed update, it needs to
>> be in bugzilla - where it's actually discoverable - not in bodhi, where
>> it will go nowhere.
> I am not intending to use bodhi as a bug tracker, but I would like to be able to reference issues, which were introduced with an update and I don't really see a lot of negative effects of this.
> I think it's a way to make issues in bugzilla more easily traceable, since if an update is closely related with a new bug it is easier to just look into bodhi first and see if the issue affected others as well. If by chance the first reporter of a bug is too late in bodhi this connection is simply lost.
> I don't see it as bodhi replacing bugzilla, but rather as an additional entry point, when looking for known issues in close relation with a bug.
>
> Johannes

As a user, if I find a bug in a package I would look into Bugzilla. As a
packager, I would expect to receive bug against my packages in Bugzilla.

In my opinion, allowing comments on already pushed updates would mean
that some users think that reporting bugs into Bodhi equals to reporting
bugs into Bugzilla... so as a user I would have to look into Bodhi AND
Bugzilla when I find regressions and as a packager I would have to deal
with BZ tickets AND Bodhi comments without BZ tickets.

If you **really** want to re-open comments on stable updates, please add
a very big, red warning which states that the package maintainer may not
look at new comments and to open a new BZ ticket!

Mattia