Re: Modularity: The Official Complaint Thread

Hi Igor

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019, 10:03 Nicolas Mailhot via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le 2019-11-14 22:01, Stephen Gallagher a écrit :

wrote:

On 14. 11. 19 21:32, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
I proposed earlier around the major
upgrade rebuilds (letting us set other modules as
`buildrequires:` of
`python: [ ]` for stream expansion) without actually having to
build
the complete python stack in the modules. That might be a
really
convenient strategy, honestly.

How is that different, exactly, from letting packagers use a normal dep syntax like
(foo with module(modulename))
whenever they want to express they want the module version of a
particular dep?