Re: Modularity: The Official Complaint Thread

Le mardi 12 novembre 2019 à 17:02 +0100, Aleksandra Fedorova a écrit :
> Hi, Igor,
>
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM Igor Gnatenko
> <ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 10:50 AM Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> > > <dominik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > >
> > So is it really about making tooling (writing new, or making
> > existing better) or about making those people to implement Fedora
> > needs?
>
> "those people implementing Fedora needs" is a really bad way to put
> it. The fact that people are paid by Red Hat doesn't exclude them
> (us) from Fedora community. We are working on Fedora needs
> altogether, even when we disagree what those needs exactly are.

The intrinsic difficulty of internal Red Hat projects, is that they
don’t need strong community buy-in to get into the distribution.

While that saves time, and insures dev funding, it also means it is
easier to go full power on things that end up requiring deep changes to
get non Red Hat adoption.

It's not anyone's fault, it's the inherent nature of internal and
external dev paths.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot