Re: Add a rule to have a compose when Fedora branched

On 11. 11. 19 8:06, jkonecny@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, 2019-11-08 at 12:16 -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:
On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:54 AM <jkonecny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree with you in general but I don't like the `brief` wording
here.
What that means exactly?
I would rather go with specifying a strong freeze. Meaning that the
freeze will continue until compose is available.

By "brief" I mean "only as long as it takes for a compose to become
available" as opposed to "for a prescribed period of time." So I
think
we're in agreement here. Once releng has a successful branched
compose, the freeze is lifted.

In that case I'm in! :).

It looks that we all agreed on the solution here so I'll (re)open the
FESCo ticket to enable the compose freeze.

Before you do this, can we figure out the details?

1. Do we use bodhi to handle the freeze?

Previously, this would not be possible, as bodhi was not yet "activated" at branching, however with rawhide gating (and hopefully "branched gating" soon), we could.

2. Who handles freeze exceptions, is it releng, QA?

3. How are the freeeze exceptions handled, via bugzilla? What are the tracker bugz? Or manually in https://pagure.io/releng/failed-composes/issues ?

--
Miro Hrončok