Re: Add a rule to have a compose when Fedora branched

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:59:30AM +0200, jkonecny@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> FYI: FESCO ticket was created
>
> https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2246

Yeah, and we had a bit more discussion there, which we probibly should
have just had here. ;)

In particular bcotton asked how we avoid scheduling the branch date
"right after" flock:

"This is a good idea, but we'll need to figure out what it actually means.

    How do we define "right after"?
    The schedule is set well before Flock is planned, so would the expectation
    be that Flock is scheduled to avoid this or that we should adjust the
    release schedule after Flock is set? If we adjust the release schedule
    how does that impact other milestones? Right now, all schedule milestonesi
    are effectively anchored off the target release date. If we have to delay
    the branch point to accommodate Flock, do we move the release date out
    or do we compress other parts of the schedule?"

Igor said:

"I'm strongly against this as a rawhide user. We should not block
rawhide by anything, we do snapshot of it at some point and stabilize it
instead."

So, any thoughts on those? I think we could perhaps drop the 'stop
rawhide composes until we get a branched' from the proposal anyhow, as
hopefully before too long we will have rawhide calling itself 'rawhide'
instead of the number and this should avoid a lot of the confusion that
happend this cycle with branching not being composed yet and rawhide
composing correctly.

I am not sure how to avoid the flock dates. I guess could we add this in
as a factor on flock dates? We would have to communicate that to folks
planning flock. (The CAIC?)

Lets discuss it here a bit more until we have a more concrete thing for
fesco to vote on.

kevin