Add a rule to have a compose when Fedora branched

Hello everyone,

I'm Anaconda developer and I'm also taking care about our
infrastructure and this Fedora release brought me a plenty of
"unnecessary" work thanks to the fact that compose for Fedora 31 was
not available until a week before beta freeze. That is too late.
I wasn't the only one who had these problems, copr had issues for
Fedora 31 and couldn't enable chroot so they had to do changes to
correct these broken things. And I'm not talking about Fedora QA team
which couldn't test almost anything before beta freeze.

The problem is that when we don't have a compose we don't have packages
for testing and then more and more changes are getting in but we are
not able to check if they are working. If we don't have packages the
mock can't properly work and you are not able to do a system upgrade.
The only test point is compose but that is just a small portion. Not
being able to test Fedora for a few weeks is situation which should not
happen.

To make things even worse there was a switch to python 3.8 on Rawhide
which wasn't really prepared (pylint did not worked). So for a few days
we were with broken Fedora 31 and Rawhide too, so most of our tests
were not working. I would really said that we were programming in the
dark. No tests, no check that changes are working. It took me almost a
week to make everything working again not talking about time spend
waiting for the compose to be available.

I want to ask for an improvement here. Ideal solution for me would be
to add rule that there have to be compose to do the branching and if
the compose fails then the branching won't happen. Not sure if this is
doable or how hard it would be to implement a similar rule, however, it
would be an ultimate solution. Then, the compose blocker bugs had to be
solved on Rawhide where they should be solved.

Please tell me what should I do next. Should I file a FESCO ticket to
add this rule?

Best Regards,
Jirka