Re: Modularity: The Official Complaint Thread

Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Symbiotic is, I think, the best way to describe the Red Hat/Fedora
> relationship.

Well, a symbiosis has to go both ways. In this case, I unfortunately get the
feeling that this feature was implemented to comply with RHEL's needs and
RHEL's needs only (enterprise server use cases where everything is
containerized, virtualized, or even physically separated, so dependency
version conflicts between unrelated applications do not matter) and forced
upon Fedora ignoring our needs and our objections. So I would rather
describe the relationship as "parasitic" rather than "symbiotic", sorry.

        Kevin Kofler