Re: ask.fedoraproject.org - redirects?

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> I do not disagree with you on this. I also know we don't have a larger
> number of system administrators, servers and time to do all the things
> many community members 'expect a project to have'. We have the
> resources to do one set of things excellently, two well, and three or
> more poorly. The problem is that everyone seems to want 3 or more
> things from us which combinatoric-ally end up being massive. We can
> either not offer those items, outsource them, or do them poorly and
> shut it down like everything from asterisk to various previous forum
> attempts.
>
> I personally would prefer if the world stopped moving to the 'the next
> big social thing' every 6 months which needs all new tooling and
> setup.. but I have also learned that hasn't happened in 4000 years...

IMHO, it was a mistake to bring up ask.fedoraproject.org to begin with. We
do not have the resources to maintain it (hence the outsourcing), and it is
yet another communication platform that is fragmenting the community. We
already had mailing lists and forums (i.e., already one platform too many).
I do not see what ask.fedoraproject.org allows that was not already possible
with those two existing platforms. Jumping on the hype of the day "every 6
months" is just not a reasonable thing to do.

        Kevin Kofler