Re: Trouble with install ordering and SELinux config

On 11/3/19 11:17 AM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 2:21 AM Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/1/19 1:47 PM, Daniel Walsh wrote:
Flat pack should be doing a requires(post): selinux-policy-base

To make sure it is installed before flatpack.

Thanks.  The proper incantation actually though seems to be:

%{?selinux_requires}

which contains that.  See:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/IndependentPolicy#The_Preamble

I have used this successfully for EPEL 7 work at $DAYJOB and woud have
pointed this out earlier if I hadn't fallen off the devel list for the
past few weeks.

Revisiting this on Fedora 31 I still see this:

     $ rpm --eval %selinux_requires | grep git
     BuildRequires: git

And I can't help but wonder whether we really need git at build time
as this slows down the build root creation step.

Any idea from SELinux folks?

If it does turn out to be needed, I git-core may be a better
requirement than git.  The former avoids pulling in the perl
stack, among other things.

Well, as it stands since selinux-policy (which defines %selinux_requires) is not currently in the buildroot, none of the BRs in %selinux_requires are actually applied.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637