Re: ask.fedoraproject.org - redirects?

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019 at 16:22, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > I do not disagree with you on this. I also know we don't have a larger
> > number of system administrators, servers and time to do all the things
> > many community members 'expect a project to have'. We have the
> > resources to do one set of things excellently, two well, and three or
> > more poorly. The problem is that everyone seems to want 3 or more
> > things from us which combinatoric-ally end up being massive. We can
> > either not offer those items, outsource them, or do them poorly and
> > shut it down like everything from asterisk to various previous forum
> > attempts.
> >
> > I personally would prefer if the world stopped moving to the 'the next
> > big social thing' every 6 months which needs all new tooling and
> > setup.. but I have also learned that hasn't happened in 4000 years...
>
> IMHO, it was a mistake to bring up ask.fedoraproject.org to begin with. We

To paraquote Winston Churchill:

Life is one damn mistake after another.

Everything when looked back at or currently is going to be a mistake.
Linus should have spent much more time to make the kernel bug proof or
he should have stuck with microkernels of Minix or maybe just gone
with BSD kernels. The first fish-land thing made a huge mistake in
crawling out of the ocean.. just look at the consequences of that.

In the end, we are going to make mistakes. If we choose to do
something it will be a mistake. If we choose to do nothing it will be
a mistake. The universe is a 'strange game' because you can play
flawlessly and it will all be a pile of mistakes in 30 years time.  I
say this as a person who has spent more of his life trying not to make
mistakes and seeing all the ones others make.. and it has gotten me
nothing but an ulcer.  I hope that if I get a restore game sometime I
will next time make a bunch of mistakes and at least have fun doing
so.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.