Re: Next F31 push?

Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Actually:
> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf-plugins-extras/pull/166

Ewww! This kind of hacks should NEVER be accepted in a production
distribution!

This hack will also NOT fix the issue for users like me who use dnf directly
rather than the system-upgrade plugin.

The right thing to do would be to delay the release until we have a real
fix, as long as it takes. Even if it takes weeks. And of course to unfreeze
the contents in the meantime because it could take weeks and there is no
telling how long.

And you know what my preferred fix would be. :-) But of course it takes time
to fix the demodularization upgrade path in DNF and to demodularize at least
the modules that are causing the errors here.

Sadly, Fedora has always preferred rushing out a release with this type of
crude hacks instead of fixing things properly, without introducing such
technical debt. And this does not seem to have changed. Sad. :-(

        Kevin Kofler