Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Modules in Non-Modular Buildroot

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 01:56:11PM -0400, Robbie Harwood wrote:
> Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> Except it works only half way. The installation works. Later,
> >> dependencies are broken. Upgrades are broken. "yum remove X" does not
> >> undo the action completely.
> >>
> >> The main issue is: user just enabled a module without doing it
> >> explicitly. The user needs to know how to handle modules in order to
> >> recover.
> >
> > I never expect "yum remove X" to be the inverse of "yum install
> > X". DNF's magical leaf tracking makes it a bit more so, but not
> > exactly. So, I don't think we should make that a very high priority
> > concern (although if we can improve it, so much the better).
>
> I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation, especially for those
> coming from APT land (Debian, Ubuntu) where `apt install foo` *is* the
> inverse operation of `apt remove foo`.

  It isn't, you need to supplement it with `apt autoremove` to get rid
of auto-installed dependencies.
  We have `dnf history undo X` to invert installation command.

--
Tomasz   .. oo o.   oo o. .o   .o o. o. oo o.   ..
Torcz    .. .o .o   .o .o oo   oo .o .. .. oo   oo