Re: Defining the future of the packager workflow in Fedora

Dne 04. 10. 19 v 18:10 Fabio Valentini napsal(a):
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 5:54 PM Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 08:17:37PM +0200, Ben Rosser wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your words, I appreciate the support on the idea.
>>
>>> 1. Creating new packages has become (more of) a pain since the
>>> retirement of pkgdb2. I know I keep complaining about needing to
>>> manually fetch Pagure API keys, but it is actually extremely annoying
>>> when I go to request a repo and realize I need to first request a new
>>> API key before doing anything else. The problem isn't the workflow,
>>> per se, but the infrastructure: reviews could really use a better
>>> platform than bugzilla. If reviews were more integrated into the
>>> tooling, automatic checks like fedora-review could maybe be ran
>>> automatically. Maybe approving a new package could even automatically
>>> create the repository, without the requestor having to do anything!
>> So I've been wondering a little bit how we could solve this and I've been
>> wondering if we couldn't leverage the PR workflow for this.
>> Imagine:
>> - You request a new repo to be created
>> - The new repo is automatically created from your request
>> - You fork it
>> - Push your spec file and patches to your fork
>> - Open a PR against the empty repo
>>
>> The package review becomes then a basic PR. We could leverage the tools we are
>> working on for regular PRs.
>> If the PR is approved, you get access granted to it.
>> If the PR is denied, both repo are deleted.
> This is an interesting idea.

It is, but I am afraid that then we will have Foo, foo, FOO and fOo
repositories and we won't be able to get rid of them for similar reasons
we are not allowed to delete branches in current dist-git.

Also this ignores possible issues with patented or inappropriately
licensed code.

Vít