Re: Fedora Workstation and disabled by default firewall

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:59:17 PM MST Christopher wrote:
> Yeah, obviously that would be bad. Please don't simply dismiss a
> serious suggestion, because it would be bad in other scenarios or if
> taken to the extreme. This is one specific suggestion, not a proposal
> to accept all similar suggestions, and I'm not even convinced myself
> that this is the best possible solution. It just seemed like an idea
> worth considering, since the debate is raging on, has been raging on
> and off since 2014, and this proposal seems like it has potential to
> satisfy all parties once and for all (since it gets directly to the
> heart of the matter, eliminates user surprise, and fits naturally
> within the existing network setup portion of Anaconda).

That sounds like a great idea, with the rest of the configuration options for
a given interface. That falls in line with where I'd expect the configuration
option to be in the GUI in GNOME, and where it currently is in KDE. (I don't
know if it's there in GNOME, but I think somebody earlier in the thread
mentioned that it was removed)

--
John M. Harris, Jr. <johnmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Splentity