Re: No longer supporting mailing lists:

It seems that the only thing in that link that has merit in regards to this list is that discourse allow editing of messages that has been sent.

As for the other things I disagree with pretty much everything. I don't think email is too hard to use, I don't think large mailinglists are a problem, I don't see any spam here, I don't think linking to things in emails is hard etc.

Discourse has many uses but it pushes people toward a single interface where as mailinglists let's people be much more free to choose their own interfaces.
And yes, discourse can email me when things happen, the formatting of mail does make following the conversation much harder than a simple maillinglist.

I also thought this was discussed earlier this year and that the conclusion was that discourse was a bad fit.

BR

On 26 August 2019 13:33:38 CEST, "Gerald B. Cox" <gbcox@xxxxxx> wrote:
If you disagree with something that is stated, you need to in detail explain why, not just claim it is marketing and therefore invalid.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 8:30 AM Markus Larsson <qrsbrwn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 26 August 2019 13:25:52 CEST, "Gerald B. Cox" <gbcox@xxxxxx> wrote:
>Here you go...

Yes, I'm aware of their marketing. What I was after was data from someone that doesn't have a horse in the race.