Re: Fedora 31: Noninstallable Python 2 packages to be retired just before the beta freeze

On 26. 08. 19 13:39, Peter Robinson wrote:
Post what exactly, I'm now for the first time ever ignoring all mail
to do with bugzilla.redhat.com because the quantity I'm getting is now
unsustainable due to the constant spam from the python2 and related
stuff, I have so little spare time as it is it's now a self defeating
prophecy as the little spare time I have would be dealing with this
sort of thing but to cope with the deluge of mail I now delete them
and mostly are unaware of the problem.

Comment that you don't want those packages retired because there is a plan to fix them before the final freeze. I guess that we agree that having noninstallable packages around brings no benefit to the users. Moreover in this case it blocks others, who would prefer to drop their packages and are only keeping them around for such noninstallable packages like the olpc ones.

You not being aware that your packages don't even install is hardly my fault, we report such cases as soon as we learn about them.

We are trying to communicate about this very openly and your "ignoring all bugzilla.redhat.com mail" approach is not helpful. I've sent this e-mail just for cases like this, so people are not angry again when we do the retirement. We are ready to pospone the retirements for cases where people care.

I'd gladly switch to a "don't even look at pbrobinson's packages and never ever bother him with another bugzilla report". It would mean I would not retire any of your pacakges again, but I would not bother to ask you if I can retire your dependencies either. You would get less bugzilla spam, everything would likely stop working. Let me know if you prefer that.

--
Miro Hrončok