Re: Fedora 31: Noninstallable Python 2 packages to be retired just before the beta freeze

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 12:30 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26. 08. 19 13:18, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 10:25 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> In line with the approved Fedora 31 change, packages that fail to install due to
> >> missing Python 2 dependencies are to be removed. I plan to retire the following
> >> packages (or just drop their python2 subpackages) one day before the beta freeze
> >> (2019-08-28), that is on this Wednesday.
> >>
> >> Maintainers are Bcced.
> >
> > Really? Because gmail disagrees with this statement.
>
> I have checked and pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was bcced. perhaps gmail only
> tells you if you gmail.com addess was, i don't know.

It usually works with it's icons, looking at the headers there's no
indication of any email sent direct at all.

> >> If you have a valid reason not to do that, give it now, ideally in the bugzilla.
> >>
> >> Note that "oh no, this is used by XYZ" is not a valid reason, because those
> >> packages already don't install and XYZ cannot use them.
> >> "I will fix this before the final freeze" is a valid reason not to retire/remove
> >> the package.
> >
> > I have on my list to fix the two packages of mine on the list, I just
> > have to prioritise all the work I have.
>
> That makes perfect sense. Should I delay the retirement of olpc-os-builder and
> olpc-update?
>
> I would prefer if you could post it to the bugzillas, but this would do as well.

Post what exactly, I'm now for the first time ever ignoring all mail
to do with bugzilla.redhat.com because the quantity I'm getting is now
unsustainable due to the constant spam from the python2 and related
stuff, I have so little spare time as it is it's now a self defeating
prophecy as the little spare time I have would be dealing with this
sort of thing but to cope with the deluge of mail I now delete them
and mostly are unaware of the problem.