Re: No longer supporting mailing lists:

> It seems that the only thing in that link that has merit in regards to this list is that
> discourse allow editing of messages that has been sent.
>
> As for the other things I disagree with pretty much everything. I don't think email is
> too hard to use, I don't think large mailinglists are a problem, I don't see any
> spam here, I don't think linking to things in emails is hard etc.
>
> Discourse has many uses but it pushes people toward a single interface where as
> mailinglists let's people be much more free to choose their own interfaces.
> And yes, discourse can email me when things happen, the formatting of mail does make
> following the conversation much harder than a simple maillinglist.
>
> I also thought this was discussed earlier this year and that the conclusion was that
> discourse was a bad fit.

I received an email from Fedora Discourse earlier this week and it looked fine.  I was able to reply directly or press a button which opened up the web interface.  Are there differences that I didn't notice?  Probably... would most people notice them... probably not.

As far as you not considering the other advantages listed as meaningful, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it.  I simply disagree.

As far as discourse being a bad fit, I also disagree.  Whenever change happens some people are always resistant... but to make progress change is required and legacy items are sometimes impacted.... some examples are KDE 3 to 4 to 5 - GNOME 2.3 to 3... Python 2.7 to 3... the list goes on.